All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionFew issues have captured media headlines over the past two decades like Islam and Muslims, and much of what the Australian public kws about Islam and its followers is gleaned from the mass media. Islam and the Australian News Media tackles head-on the Australian news media's treatment of Islam and Muslims. This incisive collection brings together the research and insights of academics, editors and journalists on the representation of Islam and its impact on social relations, the newsworthiness of Muslim issues and the complexities of covering Islam. Importantly, Islam and the Australian News Media also explores how Muslim communities in Australia are responding to their image in the Australian news media. This book is a must-read for all those interested in the relationship between media and society.
- Author BiographyHalim Rane is the Deputy Director of the Griffith University Islamic Research Unit and a lecturer in the National Centre of Excellence in Islamic Studies at Griffith University. Dr Rane is a co-author of Sources of News and Current Affairs, commissioned by the Australian Broadcasting Authority, and is author of Reconstructing Jihad amid Competing International Norms (2009) as well as the forthcoming Islam and Contemporary Civilisation (2010). Jacqui Ewart is a senior lecturer in journalism and media studies at Griffith University. Dr Ewart is a member of the Centre for Public Culture and Ideas and the Key Centre for Ethics, Law, Justice and Governance, both at Griffith University. She previously worked as a journalist and media manager. She is author of Haneef- A Question of Character (2009). Mohamad Abdalla is the Founding Director of the Griffith University Islamic Research Unit, Director of the Queensland Node of the National Centre of Excellence for Islamic Studies Australia and an Associate Professor at the Key Centre for Ethics, Law, Justice and Governance, Griffith University.
- Author(s)Halim Rane,Jacqui Ewart,Mohammed Abdalla
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2010
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleIslamic Studies Series
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2010
- ImprintAcademic Monographs
- Weight353 g
- Width139 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.