Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents an amazing mixture of classical Turkish illumination patterns and their contemporary interpretations. It illustrates how illumination was applied to various articles during the Ottoman period, including pictures, royal edicts and insignia, tiles, chests, gun holsters, shields, and even costumes prepared for the Sultan and his family. It also shows how today illumination has extensively been applied on architectural surfaces, book covers, manuscripts, carpets, textiles, ceramics, glass and wood panels, and metal works. The author, a contemporary illumination artist, displays her incredible pieces of art, skilfully swirling her imagination together with classical Turkish Islamic patterns of illumination. In richly illuminated designs using motifs such as buds and roses, as well as stylised and naturalistic flowers, she exhibits all of the geometrical, foliate, and floral patterns used in the art. She also takes a closer look at making illumination designs and using various application techniques, and she shows all of the steps used to make illumination. This book is for all those seeking to explore the rich history and profundity of the Islamic art of illumination, and its use from Ottoman to contemporary times.
- Author BiographySema Onat trained for many long years in the art of Turkish illumination on the subjects of drawing techniques, flower motifs, designmaking and miniature, Sema Onat completed her specialty courses in 2009 and received her illumination diploma. The artist continues to give illumination lessons in her workshops located in Bahcelievler and Esenyurt in Istanbul, and she continues executing project and exhibition works with her students. With her works in many private collections, Onat is a culture ministry artist who has participated in many domestic and foreign exhibitions and she has received various awards.
- Author(s)Sema Onat
- PublisherBlue Dome Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlue Dome Press
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight770 g
- Width220 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.