All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionIslamic banking is based on principles of Islamic financial laws. Interest is prohibited by Islamic law hence operations of Islamic banking are different from conventional banking although both types of banking fulfill the same needs of customers. In financing customers' needs Islamic banks use either asset based financing or profit and loss sharing modes of financing. Islamic banking was started in last quarter of 20th century to cater the needs of Muslims around the world although it is t limited to Muslims only. It has shown marvelous growth and expansion worldwide. This book is written with a clear focus on learning of Islamic banking by accounting, business and finance students/professionals. Resources available on the subject have so for focused on legal side and very negligible work is available on financial front for a common user. This book is written in financial perspective and author has focused upon financial impacts, generated by application of Islamic financial laws. However a summary of Islamic commercial laws of each chapter has been provided. Author has adopted balance sheet method to inculcate the kwledge; hence, understanding of elementary balance sheet is pre-requisite to get maximum out of this book. A special section in each chapter is developed for concept building through illustrations. To test the concept essay questions, true/false statements, multiple choice questions and sufficient number of exercises in addition to mini cases are included at chapters end.This book is useful for MBA/BBA students as a three credit hour course as well as practitioners of Islamic banking. It is also useful for accounting & finance professionals, trainers in Islamic banking, regulators, investors, corporate managers and general public interested in understanding Islamic finance. For Comments please send message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author BiographyMr. Muhammad Hanif Fellow CMA is Assistant Professor at National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences, Islamabad. He is a graduate of University of The Punjab (B.COM 1993, M.COM 1996, Gold Medalist). He completed MS Finance 2009, (Distinction) from International Islamic university, Islamabad; PhD thesis is in progress (expected fall 2012). He became Associate Member of Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan in 2001 and Fellow Member in 2007. He achieved presidential award for securing over all first position in AJK PSC in 1998. He has 14 years of professional/managerial and teaching experience at Sialkot College of Commerce and Business Administration, Riphah International University, Bahria University, ICMAP and National University FAST. He has vast experience in financial and tax consultancy. His research areas include Valuation of assets, Earnings Management and Islamic financing. His research has been published in national and international journals of repute and is accessible from http: //ssrn.com/author=454519. For omments and suggestions please contact: email@example.com.
- Author(s)Dr Muhammad Hanif
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight708 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.