All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book demonstrates how the global market for Islamic financial services has shown strong growth in recent years and shown remarkable resilience during the global financial crisis. Drawing on a range of international perspectives from the Gulf Cooperation Council countries, Malaysia, Pakistan, Australia and Europe, this book explores the characteristics and performance of Islamic finance and banking and discusses future prospects. It offers a comprehensive theoretical framework for Shariah governance in Islamic financial institutions, explores Shariah-compliant equities, as well as issues in productivity, techlogy and efficiency. It includes a number of comparative studies on Islamic and conventional banks, Islamic and conventional unit trusts, and Islamic and conventional banks' product mixes. The challenges and opportunities for the expansion of Islamic finance and banking into Europe are explored through the contexts of the UK, Germany and Italy.
- Author BiographyDr Tina Harrison is Professor of Financial Services Marketing and Consumption at the University of Edinburgh Business School, UK. She is also the Editor of Palgrave's Journal of Financial Services Marketing. Dr Essam Ibrahim is Coordinator of the Marketing PhD Programme at the University of Edinburgh Business School, UK. He is also on the Editorial Board of Palgrave's Journal of Financial Services Marketing.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication07/08/2016
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note48 black & white tables, biography
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byEssam B. Ibrahim,Tina Harrison
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.