All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionIn Islamic History and Law, Labeeb Ahmed Bsoul undertakes an extensive examination of Islamic intellectual history, covering ages that witnessed different movements and doctrinal trends. While political and geographical factors certainly influenced the Islamic religious sciences, internal and intellectual factors exerted a much more substantial influence. This study gives priority to jurists' intellectual operations throughout the Muslim world, covering the historical development of Islamic jurisprudence from the middle of 4th century. Bsoul's examination of jurisprudential advances takes into account the shifting dominance of particular centers of legal scholarship in light of competing doctrines and their adherents. This work sheds light on jurists of North Africa and the Andalus, who are rarely mentioned in general modern works, and also aims to demonstrate Muslim women's important role in the history of jurisprudence, highlighting their participation in the Islamic sciences. Bsoul relies mainly on Arabic primary sources to give an impartial presentation of these jurists and produce an accurate memory of the past based on objective kwledge.
- Author BiographyLabeeb Ahmed Bsoul is Associate Professor at Khalifa University, United Arab Emirates. He received his PhD from McGill University, Canada, in Middle East and Islamic Studies. His areas of interest and expertise include modern and contemporary history of the Middle East, international relations, orientalism, and Middle East and Islamic studies. He has published numerous articles and is author of International Treaties (Mu'ahadat) in Islam.
- Author(s)Labeeb Ahmed Bsoul
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/03/2016
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight415 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.