Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionWith the tragic rise of extremism and global racism around the world today, the sociopolitical philosophy of Islamic Pacifism is a humanitarian ethical platform rooted within the general concepts of nviolence and basic Muslim ethical teachings of mercy and compassion towards all of humanity. From the global Muslim response to September 11 to analyzing the concept of 'The Golden Rule' within Islamic tradition to highlighting the contributions of historical Muslim pacifist giants from our recent past, this book 'Islamic Pacifism' shall offer young girls and boys of all colors and religions around the world a nviolent antidote to many of our shared social and political issues affecting our globe today.
- Author BiographyArsalan Iftikhar is an international human rights lawyer, global media commentator and founder of TheMuslimGuy.com. Arsalan is a regular weekly political commentator/legal analyst for the National Public Radio (NPR) show Tell Me More with Michel Martin and he is also a regular contributing writer for Esquire Magazine (Middle East edition) and CNN.com on domestic and international issues affecting our world today. His interviews, commentaries and analyses have regularly appeared in virtually every major media outlet around the world including: CNN, BBC World News, The TODAY Show, National Public Radio (NPR), FOX News Channel, MSNBC, Associated Press, C-SPAN, Voice of America (VOA), Agence France-Presse (AFP), USA TODAY, NBC Nightly News, The Washington Post, ABC World News Tonight, Los Angeles Times, CBS News Up to the Minute, The New York Times, Rolling Stone, TIME, The Economist and Newsweek magazines (among dozens others worldwide). In May 2011, Arsalan was named one of the top 12 Muslim Twitter accounts by The Huffington Post and his published columns and written articles have appeared in major publications around the world including: CNN.com, USA TODAY, Esquire Magazine (Middle East edition), Houston Chronicle, Detroit Free Press, The Providence Journal, San Diego Union-Tribune, Charlotte Observer, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Kansas City Star, Miami Herald, The Jakarta Post and many more publications around the world. In 2006, the French Ambassador to the United States personally named Arsalan to the Personnalites d'Avenir (Personalities of the Future) World Leader Program in Paris sponsored by the French Foreign Ministry. Additionally, some of Arsalan's international speaking venues have included: Harvard University, Stanford University, Georgetown University, Johns Hopkins University, University of Pennsylvania, Northwestern University, University of Michigan School of Law, The George Washington University Elliott School of International Affairs, Cornell University, Washington University School of Law, The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), The Newseum, The Rockefeller Foundation, and The British Museum in London. Arsalan graduated from Washington University in St. Louis in 1999 and received his law doctorate from Washington University School of Law in 2003. A native of Chicago, he specializes in international human rights law and is licensed to practice law in Washington DC.
- Author(s)Arsalan Iftikhar
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.