All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a result of the conference Islamic Textbooks and Curricula in South East Europe held in Sarajevo, 21<UP>st to 25<UP>th October 2010. One of the aims of the conference was to critically assess the existing curricula and textbooks for Muslim education in Europe and to discuss the directions textbook and curricular development needs to take in the near term. This critical assessment and visioning took place in dialogue with the experiences of long-established churches and religious communities. The conference concluded that an emphasis on the European characteristics of Islam is essential in religious education.
- Author BiographyEdnan Aslan is a Chair of the Research Unit Islamic Religious Education at the Department of Education at the University of Vienna. He is responsible for teachers' training in Islamic religious education and is chairperson of different working groups on the development of curricula in Germany, Austria and Southeast Europe. He has published intensively on Islamic religious education in Europe.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication18/08/2011
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note99, tables
- Weight510 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byEdnan Aslan
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.