All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionIn response to the events of 9/11, the Bush administration launched a War on Terror' ushering in an era of anti-Muslim racism, or 'Islamophobia'. However, 9/11 did t create Islamophobia, an idea that has become the handmaiden of imperialism. Islamophobia examines the current backlash within the context of anti-Islamic origins, in the historic relationship between East and West.'
- Author BiographyDeepa Kumar is an Associate Professor of Media Studies and Middle East Studies at Rutgers University. She is the author of Outside the Box: Corporate Media, Globalization and the UPS Strike. She has offered her analysis on Islamophobia to numerous outlets around the world including the BBC, USA Today, Philadelphia Inquirer, Mexico's Proseco, China International radio, and Gulf News from Dubai.
- Author(s)Deepa Kumar
- PublisherHaymarket Books
- Date of Publication12/07/2012
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaymarket Books
- Weight349 g
- Width138 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.