All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.24Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionAmanda, a striking beauty, inherits the Island Life Resort when her husband, Franklin Ruddings is lost at sea. Stacy Biddle comes down from New England to work at Island Life and finds Amanda in desperate straights. She is t capable of managing the business, because of her problem with alcohol, and Franklin's evil cousin, Richard Wronkle, is attempting to steal the resort from her. While trying to help Amanda, Stacy is seduced by a greedy bank clerk and becomes a key player in the action and intrigue until the beautiful, peaceful island is transformed into a dangerous maze of greed, passion, insincere romancing, and attempts at more murder. Mammy, a little voodoo doll, casts evil spells on anyone who threatens Amanda. And Millie Mayhem, who came to the island with her sugar daddy, blunders into conversations with all sails set and solves several complex problems with her back-street philosophy.
- Author BiographyEDWIN P. CUTLER VITA After playing hooky and rowing boats on the Patuxent River, Edwin Paul Cutler grew up with a dream to sail out of sight of land and steer by the stars. He was raised a carpenter and stole his trade as a bricklayer. While laying brick on the American University, he put on a clean shirt and went to night school at George Washington University. At GWU he was inducted into Sigma Tau and was chairman of the Engineers Banquet and Ball, all while raising nine children. His degree was in engineering physics. After a career as a mathematician, measuring the growth rate of nuclear fireballs and analyzing pulsar x-rays from the galactic center he went sailing with his wife, Wendy, on the Romarin, a classic wooden boat. They sailed the Atlantic Ocean from Newfoundland to Trinidad navigating with a sextant. When their wooden mast broke, they scarfed in a splice and sailed away. Their engine seized in Antigua and they sailed 3000 miles through the Windward Islands in and out of crowded harbors and up to Bermuda with no engine. They rode out hurricanes in the Caribbean, repaired a blown out sail with contact cement and replaced thru-hull fittings at sea. These real-life adventures are folded into the story. Another novel, West of Wisdom, a story of pirate treasure and new found love in the South Pacific is available at bookstores and on the internet. North of New York is in the typewriter. Edwin has also published numerous poems and several short stories in nautical publications, including sailing adventures and experiences in Cruising World. Some are available on http: //edwincutler.tripod.com. For NASA he published scientific papers on pulsars and artificial intelligence. He also taught college math and computer science while living aboard the Romarin in Bermuda. What fun!
- Author(s)Edwin P Cutler
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.