All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionThree years ago, Ed Lane solved the murder of a young woman on La Tempestad Island. By so doing, he embarrassed a U.S. Congressman and was cashiered from the Federal Police. Since then, he has been delivering pizzas and doing odd jobs to keep afloat. His outlook improves when a private contractor hires him to work as local sheriff for a team of ecologists and researchers restoring La Tempestad from a cattle ranch to its natural state. Soon after he arrives, a ranch employee dies in a possible homicide. Lacking suspects or a motive for murder, Lane treats the death as a suicide. An anthropologist informs him of a local myth about a young woman who haunts the island, seducing and murdering lonely men. The recent death is similar to many others that have occurred on the island since the 1800s. She jokingly suggests a ghost killed the two men. Lane soon realizes her suggestion was a real possibility when he encounters a mysterious young woman who claims to have kwn him since before he was born. Ather man dies, and he encounters her again. What next?
- Author BiographyHenry Simpson's fiction is character-based and deals with the personal lives and experiences of law-enforcement personnel, criminals, and average citizens. Common themes are human psychology, morality, social class, power, love, addiction, and character. Simpson grew up in Southern California, lived for many years in Santa Barbara, and currently lives in Monterey. He has spent his career as a research psychologist, engineer, and writer, and has served in the Marine Corps.
- Author(s)MR Henry Simpson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.