Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA seminal work in Latin America's modernismo movement, this first anthology of verse by Jose Marti is available in a complete English translation for the first time. This accessible, antated edition includes a critical introduction, presented in both English and Spanish, which explores the volume's historical and literary contexts and addresses issues of the translation. Composed after domestic separation from his wife and infant son, and after his second exile from Cuba due to his involvement in the Guerra Chiquita, the 15 poems that comprise the collection demonstrate a poet-hero whose revolutionary spirit would ultimately lead to his participation-and subsequent death-in the conflict that freed Cuba from the Spanish yoke.
- Author BiographyJose Marti was a Cuban patriot, statesman, professor, and poet who dedicated his life to the cause of Cuba's independence from Spain. He is the author of the collections Versos Libres and Versos Sencillos. Tyler Fisher is a lecturer in Spanish at Oxford's Exeter College, and his original poetry, prose, and translations have appeared in numerous anthologies and journals, including The Formalist, The Lyric, and The Pestle.
- Author(s)Jose Marti
- PublisherWings Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2007
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationSan Antonio, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWings Press
- Content Notefrontispiece
- Weight281 g
- Width146 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byTyler Fisher
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.