Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe search for cancer cure from natural products have been practiced for over a century. For the last 25 years, El-Asmer and co-workers were pursuing the search for potential therapeutic agent or new drug models from snake vems. This work was presented for partial fulfillment of M.D. in Biochemistry. A cytolytic, n-antigenic, 8 kDa, glycoprotein (Fraction VIb) was isolated from crude Naja nigricollis nigricollis spitting cobra vem. This protein is stable at different pH values and different temperatures up to 100 C, lethal to mice, with LD50 1.83 mg/kg. Small doses induced cytolytic effect on hepatocellular carcima, colon cancer and breast cancer cells while larger doses caused hemolysis of red blood cells. Thus, this protein can be considered a target compound for further researches as it can be a potential bio-therapeutic agent for cancer treatment, or a model for new drug design.
- Author(s)Dalia Ali Gaber,Kamelia Ahmed Zaki,Mohamed Farid El-Asmer
- PublisherLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Date of Publication10/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.