All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
- AU $21.10Trending at AU $23.80
About this product
- DescriptionRadiogenic and stable isotopes are used widely in the earth sciences to determine the ages of rocks, meteorites and archeological objects, and as tracers to understand geological and environmental processes. Isotope methods determine the age of the Earth, help reconstruct the climate of the past, and explain the formation of the chemical elements in the Universe. This textbook provides a comprehensive introduction to both radiogenic and stable isotope techniques. An understanding of the basic principles of isotope geology is important in a wide range of the sciences: geology, astromy, paleontology, geophysics, climatology, archeology, and others. Written by one of the world's most respected and best-kwn geochemists, this full color textbook will be invaluable for all undergraduate and graduate courses on the topic, and is an excellent reference text for scientists. There are problems at the end of each chapter, with password-protected solutions available to instructors at www.cambridge.org/9780521862288.
- Author BiographyClaude Allegreis extremely well known globally in the earth science research and teaching community. He is currently an Emeritus Professor at the Institut Universitaire de France, Universite Denis Diderot and the Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, and has had a long and illustrious career in science. He is a former Director of the Department of Earth Sciences, Universite Paris VII, former Director of the Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, past President of the French Bureau of Geological and Mining Research (BRGM), and former National Education Minister for Research and Technology for the French government. In his career he has won most of the available honors and awards in the geosciences, including the Crafoord Prize from the Swedish Royal Academy of Sciences, the Goldschmidt Medal from the Geochemical Society of America, the Wollaston Medal from the Geological Society of London, the Arthur Day Gold Medal from the Geological Society of America, the Medaille d'Or du CNRS, the Holmes Medal from the European Union Geosciences, and the Bowie Medal from the American Geophysical Union. He is also a Commandeur de la Legion d'Honneur, a past President of the European Union of Geosciences, past President of the NATO Earth Sciences committee, and former editor of the journals Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors and Chemical Geology. He has written hundreds of research articles, and ten books in French.
- Author(s)Claude J. Allegre
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/12/2008
- LanguageEnglish & French
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Out-of-print date23/03/2017
- Content Note8 b/w illus. 279 colour illus.
- Weight1190 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Translated byChristopher Sutcliffe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.