All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarco Polo Israel: the Travel Guide with Insider Tips Experience all the attractions of Israel with this up-to-date and authoritative guide, complete with 'Best Of' recommendations. You'll find fantastic hotels, restaurants with great cuisine, trendy places to go and the best nightlife spots, as well as tips for shopping and getting by on a low budget. There are also ideas for those travelling with children and for active pursuits as well as a summary of the country's main festivals and events. Further sections include: Travel Tips, Links, Blogs, Apps & more, Hebrew phrases and index; useful too is the 'Perfect Route' section and the handy pull-out map supplied in addition to the Road Atlas inside. Land of the Bible, melting pot of religions, the fountainhead of Christianity, with names, places, stories and histories that all seem so familiar. The source of faith - melting pot of Jewish, Christian and Arab cultures. Land of the Exodus, of hope and the focus of international politics. Israel, more than 60 years old and so modern. With MARCO POLO Israel you will experience a fascinating phemen: almost everywhere you go you'll be accompanied by 3,000 years of history. The practical, pocket-sized guide introduces you to the contrasts of the daily routine, a veritable cocktail of modernity and tradition: ubiquitous practice of religion, bikinis on the beach and exciting club scene. Take in the beauty of the Negev Desert and the peace of the hills of Galilee: Israel is simply enthralling! The Insider Tips reveal where, like Jesus, you can walk on the Mount of Olives and the Mount of Beatitudes. The 'Best Of' pages highlight some unique aspects of the country, recommend places to go for free, and have tips for what to do if it rains and where you can relax and unwind. Fascinating landscapes! Excursions & Tours lead you on a walk through Jerusalem's Old City to the important shrines of the three religions, and have you exploring biblical sites by the Sea of Galilee. Not interested in History, Jesus & Co? Israel is the perfect place for outdoor pursuits. The most important information with all the necessary contact details can be found in the Sports & Activities chapter. Finally the Dos & Don'ts keep you from inadvertently violating Jewish customs. MARCO POLO Israel provides comprehensive coverage of all parts of the country. To help you find your way around there are the 'Where First' panels for the large cities of Tel Aviv, Haifa and Jerusalem, the detailed Road Atlas, a useful map of Jerusalem in the cover, plus a pull-out map.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for their handy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and our Spiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the high quality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication25/09/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps +
- Weight204 g
- Width109 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine90 mm
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $41.27
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $12.24
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $45.56
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $37.77
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $19.25
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.