Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionIn times of war, human rights violations often go unreported. In Israel and the Occupied Territories, where ongoing conflict has killed many thousands, abuses of human rights are commonplace, but these stories seldon reach the outside world. This book redressses that imbalance: taken from documents produced by international human rights groups - and assembled by the international journalists' organisation Reporters sans Frontieres - itprovides an authorative account of human rights violations that have taken place on both sides of the conflict since the start of the second Intifada in Spetember 2000. Unlike conventional reportage, these accounts are careful t to overdramatise the story. Instead, they offer as objective an account as possible of the degradations that both Israelis and Palestinians have suffered. The reports are taken from groups including Amnesty International, the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights, the Palestinian Human Rights Monitoring Group, Human Rights Watch, the Public Committee Against Torture in Israel, B'Tselem and Reporters sans Frontieres. Bringing these abuses to public attention for the first time, this book is both an important historical document, and a sobering account of what is going on in Israel and Palestine, that will be of interest to politicians, NGOs, students and activists everywhere.
- Author BiographyReporters without Borders / Reporters sans Frontieres is a well-established international NGO, modelled on Medecins sans Frontieres. It produces a Worldwide Press Freedom Index which is widely featured in news media both nationally and internationally.
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2003
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Weight336 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byReporters Sans Frontieres
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.