All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionShedding light on the recent mutations of the Israeli separation policy, whose institutional and spatial configurations are increasingly complex, this book argues that this policy has actually reinforced the interconnectedness of Israelis and Palestinian lives and their spaces. Instead of focusing on the over-mediatized separation wall, this book deals with what it hides: its shadows. Based on fieldwork studies carried out by French, Italian, Israeli, Palestinian and Swiss researchers on the many sides of the Israeli-Palestinian divide, it highlights a new geography of occupation, specific forms of interconnectedness and power relations between Israeli and Palestinian spaces. It offers a better understanding of the transformation of people's interactions, their experiences and the ongoing ecomy of exchanges created by the separation regime. This heterogeneous regime increasingly involves the participation of Palestinian and international actors. Grounded in refined decryptions of territorial realities and of experiences of social actors' daily lives this book goes beyond usual political, media and security representations and discourses on conflict to understand its contemporary stakes on the ground.
- Author BiographyStephanie Latte Abdallah is a research fellow at the French Institute of the Near East (IFPO), CNRS, Palestinian Territories. Cedric Parizot is a research fellow at the Institute of Research and Studies of the Arabo-Muslim World (IREMAM), CNRS/Aix-Marseille University, Aix en Provence, France.
- Author(s)Dr. Cedric Parizot,Dr. Stephanie Latte Abdallah
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2015
- Series TitleBorder Regions Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 14 b&w illustrations and 9 maps
- Weight690 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Doris Wastl-Walter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.