All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionGlobalisation and increased cultural heterogeneity have had a major impact on states whose identity has been defined in terms of a single, often socially constructed, allegiance to the state and a single hegemonic ideology. Nowhere are changing tions of identity more prevalent than in Israel, a country whose dominant (Western-Jewish) society has been subject to understanding their past and present in terms of a single ideology of state formation -- Zionism. This book challenges some of the traditional analytical paradigms prevalent in Israeli social science for the past fifty years.
- Author BiographyAdriana Kemp is lecturer and research fellow, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Tel Aviv University. David Newman, Uri Ram, and Oren Yiftachel are professors and research fellows of, respectively, the Department of Politics and Governance, the Department of Behavioral Sciences, and the Department of Geography, at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva.
- Author(s)Adrian Kemp,David Newman,Oren Yifta,Uri Ram
- PublisherSussex Academic Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSussex Academic Press
- Content Noteillus
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.