All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionA remarkable collection of scholarly essays, philosophical discussions, and ethical arguments concerning reproductive choices. --Choice It seems as if every week there is a new case involving reproductive techlogies that raises provocative, often painful questions: What policies should be followed by centers that preserve human embryos? Are such invations as Norplant improvements over established methods of contraception? Should R.U. 486 be available in the U.S.? Is prenatal diagsis an ethically acceptable step to limiting the number of disabled people? These are just some of the vital questions explored in this timely work which offers incisive analysis of the plethora of issues raised by advances in reproductive medicine. The book's major section cover abortion, contraception, cryopreservation of gametes and embryos, surrogate motherhood, and psychosocial issues of in-vitro fertilization. In each section, introductory essays by recognized authorities such as Elizabeth Bartholet and Andrea L. Bonnicksen are followed by critical articles by professionals in such fields as women's health, medicine, biology, sociology, politics, and philosophy. In assessing a techlogy, the authors present well-argued analyses of problems created by that techlogy, including views from advocates and practitioners that raise attendant ethical and practical issues.
- Author BiographyHelen Bequaert Holmes is an independent scholar with a Ph.D. in genetics. She co-edited Birth Control and Controlling Birth and Feminist Perspectives on Medical Ethics, a book based from two special issues of the journal Hypatia.
- Author(s)Helen B. Holmes,Joan Helmich
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/1994
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.