Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.58Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarco Polo Istanbul: the Travel Guide with Insider Tips Experience all of Istanbul's attractions with this up-to date and authoritative guide, complete with Insider Tips. Most holidaymakers want to have fun and feel relaxed from the moment they arrive at their holiday destination that's what Marco Polo Guides are all about. Find hotels and restaurants, check out the city's nightlife scene and discover its shops and bazaars. There are also ideas for things to do with children, and a summary of the exciting festivals and events that take place in the Turkish metropolis. Further sections include: Travel Tips, Links, Blogs, Apps & more, Turkish phrase book and index. Minarets reflected in modern office blocks, oriental bazaars alongside smart shopping malls, headscarves competing with mini-skirts, in Istanbul the contrasts combine to create a fascinating cultural mix that visitor can escape or igre. With MARCO POLO Istanbul you will discover centuries-old mosques and churches, and admire all its artistic and archaeological treasures. The practical pocket-sized guide will escort you to pleasant fish restaurants and trendy bars by the Bosphorus, though to escape the big city bustle you can always take a boat trip or visit an island in the Sea of Marmara. The Insider Tips reveal where you might spend an evening drinking raki and where you can relax with a glass of tea after a long walk. The Best Of pages highlight what's currently in vogue in Istanbul, recommend places to go for free, and have tips for rainy days and where you can relax and put your feet up when you've had eugh of sightseeing. The Perfect Day takes you on a tour starting with breakfast on the central Taksim Square, then on to strolling along Istanbul's historic thoroughfare, the stiklal Caddesi, and then, via the Gelata Bridge, to the Old City to gaze in awe at world-famous monuments before finishing off with an evening in the trendy district of Beyolu. Panels in each chapter suggest things to do if you're on a tight budget and where you might pick up some real bargains. The Dos & Don'ts explain why you should count your money in a taxi and why you shouldn't kiss in public. Marco Polo Istanbul provides comprehensive coverage of all areas of the city. To help you find your way around there's the detailed Street Atlas, a public transport map in the cover, plus the pull-out map. A must-have for all travellers, including those who haven't bought a travel guide in the past.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for their handy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and our Spiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the high quality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication29/05/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight245 g
- Width109 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Sheet map
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.