All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA city at once ancient and modern, Istanbul is the quintessential postcard-perfect metropolis. But the alluring vistas can be deceiving, for beneath this veneer as a meeting place of cultures, religions and ethnicities lies a heart of cold-blooded darkness, seething with desire, boiling with vengeance and burning with frustration.
- Author BiographyMustafa Ziyalan was born in Zonguldak, at the Black Sea coast of Turkey. He worked as a general practitioner and coroner in a rural Anatolian village. Now he lives and practices psychiatry in Brooklyn, New York. His poetry, short fiction, and essays have appeared in many literary periodicals, anthologies, and in book form. Amy Spangler was born in Ohio and first landed in Turkey as a high school exchange student in 1994-95. She continued to foster her ties with the country and her keen interest in its literature throughout her college years, promptly moving to Istanbul upon graduation in 1999. She still lives in the elusive and amorphous Istanbul.
- PublisherAkashic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/04/2008
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleAkashic Noir
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAkashic Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight273 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAmy Spangler,Mustafa Ziyalan
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $56.56Trending at AU $60.86
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.