Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionA major work of contemporary Turkish literature, Istanbul Was a Fairy Tale tells the stories of three generations of a Jewish family from the 1920s to the 1980s. Istanbul is their only home, and yet they live in a state of alienation, isolating themselves from the world around them. As witness, observer, and protagonist, the narrator at once inside and outside of his story records their many tales, as well as those of their friends and neighbors, creating an expansive mosaic of characters, each doing their best to survive the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyMario Levi was born in 1957 in Istanbul. He graduated from Istanbul University's Faculty of Literature with a degree in French language and literature in 1980. In addition to being a writer, Levi has worked as a French teacher, an importer, a journalist, a radio programmer, and a copywriter. Istanbul Was a Fairy Tale is his first novel to be translated into English.
- Author(s)Mario Levi
- PublisherDalkey Archive Press
- Date of Publication27/04/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleTurkish Literature Series
- Place of PublicationNormal
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDalkey Archive Press
- Weight862 g
- Width153 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.