It Could Happen to You: Growing Up in Ireland by MR Dominic McKevitt (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.44Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.13Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
About this product
- Description'It Could Happen To You' is a unique and captivating account of life growing up in the 1950's, 60's and 70's in Ireland and all through the eyes of a little boy. The work captures the mind and heart with events of tragedy in poverty, schooldays brutality, boyhood adventures, puberty, sex, teenage years and ending with life in his twenties as a mature adult. It chrologically describes the events that occur to the author and how he deals with poverty and the entrepreneurial methods used to counter such adverse conditions. It covers the brutality of the religious orders while starting and during school life. It vividly describes the author's family, neighbours and friends and how they assisted each other in all sorts of plights and captures the essences and the general consensus of the time. It deals with boyhood adventures going into puberty and the traumatic transformation from child to adult but with a hilarious account of the events. 'It Could Happen To You' tends to look at life's tragic events in a comical aspect without dismissing or trivializing the ermity of the situation. The teenage years are fraught with bad judgments and life-changing mistakes that eventually lead the author into adulthood with a more concrete attitude towards life and it concludes with what should be total stability. It Could Happen To You displays the author's unique distinctive art of storytelling and is a one of a kind look at the lighter side of Irish life in the 50's 60' and 70's. This work has something stimulating for every reader of all ages and will touch every kwn sentiment of the human heart and mind. It will be recommended to friend and family alike and will be on everyone's 'must read' list the world over. It is targeted t only at the Irish European market but also at the forty million Irish Diaspora in the USA and the rest in the English speaking world.
- Author BiographyBorn in Ireland in the 1950s Dominic McKevitt vividly portrays with hilarous descriptions what it was like growing up in Ireland at that time in his first novel 'It Could Happen To You'. He previously penned poetry, lyrics, scripts, screen plays and is currently working on a comedy TV Series along with his second novel. He had a degree in Movie Production but his main interest lie in the writing side of things. It is just a matter of time before his name is known worldwide.
- Author(s)MR Dominic McKevitt
- Date of Publication16/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.