All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionHow did a love that spanned decades and worlds finally fan its long smoldering spark? It happened at Squeedunc Plantation. Such is the origin, as well as the title, of a short story of love, passion, and the incredible feeling of discovering a soul mate that cant be undone by life's many conflicting pulls. Co-written by paramours Virginia Doyle and Rory Johnston, It Happened at Squeedunc Plantation. A Love Story. is the poignant work documenting the decades-long exchange of star-crossed lovers who transcended time and place to cement their extraordinary love. This tender tale of love lost and regained is certain to inspire you to hold fast to your heart's longing, matter how many conditions and continents stand in its way. After meeting at a safari in Africa twenty-five years ago, neither Virginia r Rory can seem to erase that first connection from their hearts. Despite the often insurmountable challenges of distance and time, the authors transcended time and place to reconnect deep in the bayous of the Mississippi River at Squeedunc Plantation, in Northern Louisiana. In the hours leading up to their reunion and in its wake, the authors share anticipatory reflections of seeing each other again, confirming that the soul connection in Zimbabwe was as powerful and lasting as both had believed. Once their love is confirmed, the exchanges and proclamations grow more ardent still, as they celebrate their joining of souls. However, apart, they must w contend with a deeper longing than before, with Rory growing envious of even the bath sponge he imagines to be with his love every night. Similarly, Virginia reels in the reality of a love requited, hardly able to contain her disbelieve this she is t in a dream. With each sweet sentiment and celebrated love, It Happened at Squeedunc Plantation. A Love Story. illuminates the mystery, magic, and magnificent staying power of true love that is certain to strengthen your resolve and stir your heart.
- Author BiographyRory Johnston was raised in colonial Africa, in Southern Rhodesia. He is the author of Growing Up in Africa, which commemorates and shares his fantastic childhood there. Throughout his childhood, he traveled to some of the most remote corners of the country on safaris with his family, and has worked in the photographic safari business his entire life. To this day, he travels to Africa several times a year, but currently lives in Houston, Texas. Having met Rory on safari twenty-five years ago, Virginia Doyle eventually realized a love between them. Circumstances did not permit this love to flourish, despite meeting every few years on journeys around the world. It is an unusual and intensely personal experience for the authors that they would like to share. They now travel to Africa several times a year. Virginia Doyle grew up in New Orleans, and spent many of her formative years in the NE Louisiana countryside. She now calls Houston, Texas home.
- Author(s)Rory Johnston,Virginia Doyle
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.