All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionIt Happened in Northern California takes readers on a rollicking, behind-the-scenes look at some of the characters and episodes from the state's storied past. Including both famous tales, and famous names-and little-kwn heroes, heroines, and happenings. Northern California is well kwn for its towering redwoods,Spanish missions, and gold mines, but few kw about the two-year-long Native American occupation of Alcatraz, efforts by some rthern Californians to establish the US's fifty-first state, or that John Sutter never capitalized on the gold rush that began on his land. It Happened in Northern California goes behind the scenes to tell these stories and many more, in short episodes that reveal the intriguing people and events that have shaped The Golden State.
- Author BiographyErin H. Turner is a writer and editor living in Helena, Montana. Her other books include More Than Petticoats: Remarkable California Women, It Happened on the Lewis and Clark Expedition, and It Happened in Yellowstone. She has a degree in history and gender and women's studies from Grinnell College in Grinnell, Iowa, and has traveled extensively throughout the West.
- Author(s)Erin H. Turner
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleIt Happened in Series
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Note1 maps
- Weight14 g
- Width151 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.