Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionIt's Spain. A country where it's considered dangerous to change lanes on a roundabout, but OK to buy a chainsaw in ALDI... in 'It Just Is...' Dave Bull takes a hilarious look at life as an expat in Spain from his own unique perspective and comments on the differences between us and 'them'. For instance have you ticed that Spain is a bit like a dog on a lead; pull it along and it resists but let it trot along at its own pace and everyone gets along nicely? Dave found out the hard (and funny) way... At the end of 1999 Dave Bull reluctantly moved to Spain with his wife and his 7 year old son to start a new life. Ten years later his life has changed following his divorce and It Just Is... is a humorous account of a year living and working in Spain as a single dad. While offering advice and help to expats Dave recounts his amusing experiences working as the editor of a local newspaper (which included making appointments with dead politicians) and coping with a teenager (and all his mates)in the house... along with a Great Dane puppy. It Just Is... is a must-read if you have any connection to Spain at all. Spanish driving and how (some) expats behave may surprise few and then there's his love life... and his dealings with some persistent, yet friendly, Jehovah's witnesses. He also investigates why Brits behave differently when they move to Spain and the, sometimes, funny (and anying) differences in culture between us and 'them'. In amongst it all he looks at how recent history has shaped modern Spain and, just as importantly, finds out just what the Spanish really think of expats! Along with religion, Dave reveals the frustration of dealing with Spanish banks, Spanish politics and Spanish lawyers. Then there's car hire, cyclists and religion once again. However, generously sprinkled in amongst the fun (like a literary dandruff) he provides some sound advice to expats and those thinking of making the move to Spain as well as his dealings (good and t so good) with the Guardia Civil.
- Author BiographyABOUT THE AUTHOR Dave Bull has been living and working in Spain since 2000. Now a full-time travel writer he lives with his son, Mitch and two dogs on the Costa Blanca penning his experiences and observations on living life as an expat in Spain and on his travels through Europe. Always from his own 'different' perspective, he publishes one of the most successful magazines on the Costa Blanca and has been the Editor of two regional expat newspapers. His first book It just is... was published in 2011 and recounts his life abroad and if you really have nothing better to do, have a read, (and a laugh) about Dave's experiences at the hands of the Spanish - where he reveals, as ever, in his own unique style just what some of us expats get up to in Spain which in Daves's case included getting arrested, getting dumped (often) and having a blind date...with an aunt...
- Author(s)Dave Bull
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mark Welton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.