All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionTraining to be a nurse in the Swinging Sixties was demanding but great fun. In this sequel to It Won't Hurt a Bit , it's time for Jane Yeadon to move on from her basic training to her exciting new life as a midwife. It's a whole new challenge with a new set of intriguing colleagues far from home as she heads from Scotland to Belfast for a brand new adventure. When she arrives at the Royal Maternity Hospital, Jane encounters the usual glacial matron overseeing the nurses and doing her best to keep them out of too much trouble, as well as fellow nurses English Cynthia, Timid Marie and Strongminded Margaret. As they're thrown in at the deep end, Jane discovers that this is life in the medical fast lane where there are very few straightforward births and every day is a very steep learning curve. And as well as the day-to-day work, the nurses get caught up in the issues of the day and find out that there is also much to learn about this divided community which is rapidly being overshadowed by the gathering Troubles which will soon rip the city apart.
- Author BiographyJane Yeadon was born in Forres in 1944 and trained in Aberdeen as a nurse. Following further training in Belfast and Edinburgh, she went on to become a district nurse, eventually returning to Forres where she now lives with her husband. She has a grown-up son and daughter.
- Author(s)Jane Yeadon
- PublisherBlack and White Publishing
- Date of Publication14/02/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack and White Publishing
- Weight295 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.