All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreat writing isn t born, it s built sentence by sentence. But too many writers and writing guides overlook this most important unit. The result? Manuscripts that will never be published and writing careers that will never begin. In this wickedly humorous manual, language columnist June Casagrande uses grammar and syntax to show exactly what makes some sentences great and other sentences suck. With chapters on Conjunctions That Kill and Words Gone Wild, this lighthearted guide is perfect for anyone who s dead serious about writing, from aspiring velists to nfiction writers, conscientious students to cheeky literati. So roll up your sleeves and prepare to craft one bold, effective sentence after ather. Your readers will thank you.
- Author Biography<b>June Casagrande</b> is a journalist and editor who writes the weekly syndicated grammar column A Word, Please. The author of <i>Grammar Snobs Are Great Big Meanies</i> and <i>Mortal Syntax</i>, June lives in Pasadena, California.
- Author(s)June Casagrande
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication19/02/2013
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Weight227 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.