All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt Is Easy To Be Dead tells the story of war poet Charles Sorley's brief life through his work and music and songs from some of the greatest composers of the period. Born in Aberdeen, Sorley was studying in Germany when the First World War broke out and was briefly imprisoned as an enemy alien. He was one of the first to join the army in 1914. Killed in action a year later at the age of 20, his poems are among the most ambivalent, profound and moving war poetry ever written.
- Author BiographyPlaywright Neil McPherson is Artistic Director of the Finborough Theatre. His first play I Wish to Die Singing - Voices From The Armenian Genocide, commemorating the centenary of the Armenian Genocide, was presented at the Finborough Theatre in 2015, and an excerpt was also performed concurrently
- Author(s)Neil McPherson
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication13/06/2016
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.