All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionItalian cuisine is one of life's great pleasures and Italian Cooking offers the step-by-step kitchen techniques that are the secret to success. An overview of fundamental cooking methods offers expertise in preparing antipasti, pizza dough, fresh and dried pasta, risotto, polenta, sauces, seafood, and ice cream. Each method is explained in text and photographs; eight are further clarified in video tutorials. A practical guide explains the essential ingredients, kitchen utensils, regional specialties, ideal pasta and sauce pairings, and Slow Food principles that are the backbone of Italian meals. Organized by region, one hundred twenty classic recipes-mushroom risotto, Milanese veal cutlets, tiramisu-are simplified for the home cook and provide ample inspiration for mealtime. Each recipe is graded with a three-star rating so that the home chef can gauge its complexity-and gradually expand their cooking ability through experience. A dozen recipes from Italy's Michelin star chefs and culinary artisans offer the ultimate challenge. Cross references throughout to techniques, video tutorials, glossary terms, and complementary recipes make navigation easy. With a foreword by legendary Slow Food founder Carlo Petrini, this impressive volume is an essential guide for vice and established cooks alike.
- Author BiographyMia Mangolini has been running a cookery workshop, Cucina di Casa, since 2007, and gives private cooking lessons. Francesca Mantovani is a food photographer and portraitist; she has published several books. Carlo Petrini is the founder of the Slow Food Movement and a food critic and journalist.
- Author(s)Carlo Petrini,Mia Mangolini
- PublisherEditions Flammarion
- Date of Publication06/10/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Note600 colour illustrations
- Weight2320 g
- Width240 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Photographer(s)Francesca Mantovani
Save on Cook Books
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.10
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.91
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $31.21Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $25.75Trending at AU $31.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.