All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionITALIAN FLUENCY is a unique vocabulary companion written in a contemporary, easy-reading style with an emphasis on humor. This is t your boring grammar book... Whether beginner or advanced, this book is your shortcut to the language and will improve your Italian by a quantum leap. The first part of the book, Going for Fluency, provides an insight into the four modalities of language (reading, writing, listening and speaking) and offers a broad range of ideas for increasing fluency through today's techlogy: websites, blogs, media, music and more. The second part, Cognates, the Twin Words of Language, explores thousands of twin words, (such as interessante and interesting ) that exist between Italian and English. Linguistically, these words are your ultimate cheap trick to language acquisition and are your springboard to fluency. People who are good with languages take great advantage of the extraordinary abundance of twin words at their disposal. Twin words, by virtue of their similarity, make memorization a snap and make picking up the language exponentially easier. These twin words are presented in an engaging, readable way, first through grammar, (uns, adjectives, verbs, etc.) and then categories (People, Food, Wine, Travel and Leisure, etc.) ITALIAN FLUENCY unlocks your language skills by showing you a multitude of words, that you knew, but didn't kw you knew. The third part, Essential Vocabulary, explores the 1000 most essential Italian vocabulary words critical for everyday, fluent speech, through a variety of inspirational quotes, pithy quips, laugh-out-loud zingers and vocabulary-rich sentences. The author has a Master's degree in Italian Literature from Catholic University and a Bachelor's Degree in Spanish Literature from George Washington University in Washington, D.C. She has taught Romance languages for 8 years, and has been privileged to live in Spain, Germany and three regions of Italy.
- Author BiographyForced to move to Europe as a child, Susan went, kicking and screaming. Turned out she liked the place pretty well, after all, and hasn't been the same since. Fascinated with the European cultural scene and all those funny languages, she got a Bachelor's in Spanish from GWU and a Master's in Italian from Catholic University in Washington D.C. She has been privileged to live and work in various parts of Europe and roam throughout Europe extensively. She lives in Ft. Worth, Texas with her first husband, two offspring, three felines and a fish called Dante. She adores traveling, books and languages. Having taught Spanish, French and Italian, Italian remains her wildest passion.
- Author(s)Susan Elizabeth Nus
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.