All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fashion archive of Enrico Quinto and Paolo Tinarelli has been painstakingly assembled over the last twenty years and traces the international evolution of costume from the mid-19th century to the present day. This quint essential volume on Italian Style narrates the development of fashion through around three hundred dresses, chrologically ordered and selected from an international collection of over six thousand pieces, enriched by commentary by historians, journalists and fashion designers, but also by photography, film and personal testimony: a concrete resource for historians of costume, students and passionates. The idea of departing from a purely chrological sequence springs from a desire to demonstrate the vitality and ongoing relevance of historical pieces through their juxtaposition with contemporary examples. Most of the displayed dresses were documented by photographers when they first appeared worn by famous actresses, models and jet set personalities of the time: from the Duchess of Windsor to Queen Paola of Belgium, from Princess Grace of Monaco to Ava Gardner, Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren, Audrey Hepburn, Veruschka, Marisa Berenson, Grace Jones amongst many others.
- Author BiographyEnrico Quinto and Paolo Tinarelli established Rome s first flea market, which first introduced in Italy the concept of vintage. With an international perspective, but with a distinctly Italian emphasis, they built one of the main historical costume and fashion archives in Italy.
- Author(s)Enrico Quinto,Paolo Tinarelli
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note400 colour illustrations
- Weight1960 g
- Width254 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.