All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis exciting new volume presents the first critical edition with English translation of the lengthy prose compilation kwn as the 'Trista panciatichia' which is preserved in a unique manuscript in the Biblioteca Nazionale of Florence (MS Panc. 33). This is the first time the Italian text has been published in its entirety in any form. Assembled by the mid-fourteenth century, the manuscript is an original compilation in Italian of several discrete narratives (or 'based on several French models'): the 'Queste del San Graal', 'Joseph d'Arimathie', the 'Mort Artu', and tably, the 'Roman de Tristan en prose'. The compilation also includes a brief exchange of love letters for which source has thus far been identified. While the edition itself will be of great interest to Italianists, the translation into English will facilitate the study of this text by Arthurianists and medievalists of various disciplines. Access to this text will contribute greatly to understanding of manuscript transmission, translation, cyclification, linguistic phemen, and cultural exchange in particular. In addition, it will furnish important new evidence for the study of Arthurian material in Italy. Apparatus includes a finding list of Arthurian manuscripts produced, owned or read by Italians, a select bibliography, and an index of proper names found in the narrative.
- Author BiographyApparatus includes a finding list of Arthurian manuscripts produced, owned or read by Italians, a select bibliography, and an index of proper names found in the narrative.
- PublisherBoydell & Brewer Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleArthurian Archives
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2002
- ImprintD.S. Brewer
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1243 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byGloria Allaire
- Translated byGloria Allaire
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.