All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis wide-ranging book seeks to unravel the complexities of post-1992 Italian democracy. It takes as its point of departure the dramatic political tensions of the early 1990s and evaluates these against the background of an analysis of the 'First Republic' that predates these changes. Martin Bull and James Newell, rewned scholars of Italian Politics, argue that the early 1990s revolution in Italian party politics should be seen both as a major cause of subsequent changes in the political system and as a consequence of longer-term, still on-going changes in the Italian polity. The books explains how we can understand in this light the mixed success of the parties in attempting to act as automous vehicles of reform - and therefore why, if we are witnessing a transformation to a 'Second Republic', many of its key features still remain to be shaped. Each of the thematic chapters clearly juxtaposes Italy as it was before the 1990s with Italy today, thereby evaluating the degree to which the early 1990s can be seen as a watershed. In this way the book offers a vel account of both contemporary political developments and their historical significance in teh context of the 'Italian political model' that took shape in the period after 1945. This will be essential reading for all students of Italian and Comparative Politics, who will find the clarity and breadth of the book invaluable. Equally, scholars will be fascinated by this new and compelling argument.
- Author BiographyJames Newell is Reader in the School of English, Sociology, Politics and Contemporary History at the University of Salford. Martin Bull is Professor in the School of English, Sociology, Politics and Contemporary History at the University of Salford.
- Author(s)James Newell,Martin Bull
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication21/11/2005
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Note0
- Weight630 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.