Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology serves as a literary map to guide readers through the varied geography of contemporary Italian fiction. Massimo Riva has gathered English-language translations of short stories and excerpts from vels that were originally published in Italian between 1975 and 2001. As an expression of a communal contemporary condition, these narratives suggest a new sensibility and a new way of seeing, exploring, and inhabiting the world, in writing. Riva provides a comprehensive introduction to Italian literary trends of the past twenty years. Each selection is preceded by a short introduction and biography of the writer. For English-language readers who are familiar with the work of Italo Calvi and Umberto Eco, this collection presents an opportunity to acquaint themselves with the work of other important contemporary Italian writers of fiction.
- Author BiographyMassimo Riva is professor of Italian studies at Brown University. He is the author of Saturno e le Grazie, Malinconie del Moderno, and numerous essays on modern and contemporary Italian literature, and is a leader in the application of digital technologies to the study and teaching of literature.
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication18/02/2005
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleItalian Literature and Thought
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight327 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMassimo Riva
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.