All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBiondo Flavio (1392-1463), humanist and historian, was a pioneering figure in the Renaissance discovery of antiquity; famously, he was the author who popularized the term Middle Age to describe the period between the fall of the Roman Empire and the revival of antiquity in his own time. While serving a number of Renaissance popes, he inaugurated an extraordinary program of research into the history, cultural life, and physical remains of the ancient world.Italy Illuminated (1453), of which this is the second and final volume, is a topographical work describing Italy region by region. Its aim is to explore the Roman roots of modern Italy. As such, it is the quintessential work of Renaissance antiquarianism.
- Author BiographyJeffrey A. White is Professor of Classical Languages at St. Bonaventure University.
- Author(s)Biondo Flavio
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication07/06/2016
- LanguageEnglish & Latin
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleThe I Tatti Renaissance Library
- Series Part/Volume Number75
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Weight726 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byJeffrey White
- Translated byJeffrey White
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.49Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.