All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of articles arises out of the international conference 'Italy on Screen', held at the Institute of Germanic and Romance Studies, London, in February 2007. This volume assembles work on different aspects of the relationships between Italy and film, and confirms the variety of approaches which contemporary students are able to bring to this field. These essays display the reach of Italian cinema into fresh areas of film studies, as well as gender studies, theology, cultural studies and comparative literature. Through these explorations, new perspectives emerge on the historical and contemporary relationships between Italy and cinema, including rural landscapes and indigeus people, but also Catholicism and perspectives of n-Italians. This volume thus constitutes a platform for scholars and devotees of Italian cinema to share their original and n-standard work, incorporating some classic texts and filmmakers but also branching out to offer thought-provoking new perspectives.
- Author BiographyLucy Bolton was awarded her Ph.D. at Queen Mary, University of London (QMUL) in 2009, where she also teaches in the Film Studies department. She is the author of several articles and book chapters on philosophy and film, and the forthcoming monograph Film and Female Consciousness. Christina Siggers Manson was awarded her Ph.D. in 2007 from the University of Kent. Her thesis was entitled 'Donna in guerra, uomo in crisi: Familial Roles and Patriarchal Legacies in Dacia Maraini and Natalia Ginzburg'. She teaches part-time in the Italian section at the University of Kent. She is currently researching the role of the Internet in language acquisition at primary level.
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication08/06/2010
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleNew Studies in European Cinema
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight340 g
- Edited byChristina Siggers Manson,Lucy Bolton
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.