Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $20.98
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $35.62
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $42.48
- AU $4.05Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.26
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $20.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology of Corpo 10 poets includes some of the brightest lights on today's Italian cultural scene. These new voices resonate with linguistic originality and, at the same time, enflesh Pier Paolo Pasolini's idea of poetry: a process of critical and radical revisioning of the world, the sine qua n in the remaking of a genuine culture. Translated with a firm grasp of meaning, rhythm, musicality, verbal idiosyncrasies and poetic nuances by one of their fellow-invators, these poets come alive in the American idiom. In his critical introduction, the translator also analyzes and affirms the significance of their ground-breaking work in the context of the post-WWII Italian politics of experimental poetic movements.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Justin Vitiello is Professor of Italian at Temple University in Philadelphia. He received his B.A. from Brown University and his Ph.D. in Comparative Literature (English, Italian, Spanish) from the University of Michigan. He has published numerous scholarly articles on and translations of medieval, Renaissance and modern Italian, Sicilian and Spanish poetry. His books in print include seven translations (poetry, essays, history, oral history) and his own volume of poems in both English (Vanzetti's Fish Cart) and Italian (Il carro del pesce die Vanzetti). His manuscript, Oral History and Story-Telling: Poetics and Literature of Sicilian Emigration, is now circulating.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/1992
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleStudies in Italian Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight260 g
- Edited byJustin Vitiello
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.