All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBefore retiring from the literary world and relinquishing all copyright to his work in 2003, Kirill Medvedev had published two collections of poetry with a traditional publishing house. His poems are autobiographical free verse, unusual in Russia, and were dismissed by some critics as t really poetry. Medvedev's poetry-casual, often explicitly political, irreverent-fiercely diagses the banality and disease of Putin-era Russia. Edited and introduced by n+1 co-founder Keith Gessen, It's No Good includes selected poems from Kirill Medvedev's books of poetry and subsequent online publications, as well as his most significant essays: 'My Fascism' (on the failure of post-Soviet Russian liberalism, politically and culturally); 'Literature Will Be Tested' (on the attractions and dangers of the 'new sincerity' in Russian letters); 'Dmitry Kuzmin: An Essay-Memoir' (a detailed memoir and analysis of the work of the 1990s Moscow poet, publisher, and impresario Kuzmin, and what his activity represents). As always, they are published without the author's permission.
- Author BiographyBorn in Moscow, in 1975, Kirill Medvedev has recently emerged as one of the most exciting, unpredictable voices on the Russian literary scene. Widely published and acclaimed as a poet, he is also is an activist for labor and a member of the Russian Socialist movement Vpered [Forward]. He contributes essays regularly to Chto Delat', and other opposition magazines. His small press, The Free Marxist Publishing House [SMI], has recently released his translations of Pasolini, Eagleton, and Goddard, as well as numerous books at the intersection of literature, art and politics, including a collection of his own essays. This is Medvedev's first book in English.
- Author(s)Kirill Medvedev
- PublisherFitzcarraldo Editions
- Date of Publication24/06/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFitzcarraldo Editions
- Width127 mm
- Height195 mm
- Edited byKeith Gessen
- Translated byKeith Gessen,Mark Krotov,Cory Merrill
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.