It's Not My Mountain Anymore by Barbara Taylor Woodall (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionA poignant Appalachian book written in an authentic voice by a veteran of the phemenal Foxfire Books. It's Not My Mountain Anymore is a journey which mirrors that of other proud Appalachian people who tamed this once wild Eastern frontier. Taste the harsh realities of change in our once secluded mountain community. Dad once said, The time will come when you'll have t' lock your barn at night. That time has come. Mountain hospitality needs formal invitation, so drag up a chair, cock up your feet and enjoy a journey filled with appreciation, humor, love and loss. Learn all you can about vanishing cultures. When it's gone it's gone. What a VOICE! .. .Andrea Robinson, Random House Some books are the real deal, this is one of them... Gwen Mansini, VA I cherish my copy... Earl Hamner, creator of The Waltons series A gripping memoir and fascinating perspectives... Art Menius, director of Appalshop, KY Utterly Captivating. This is a paperback filled with pure gold... .Sharon Hopkins, OR www.itstmymountainanymore.com
- Author BiographyBarbara Taylor Woodall was born and raised in the Appalachian Mountains of North Georgia. She graduated from Rabun Gap Nacoochee School in 1973. Acquaint yourself with this crusader... .Catch the Spirit of Appalachia. Barbara is a down-to-earth seventh generation Appalachian, who tells it like it is. It takes strength to put into words what she and others close to her believe about what is happening to their homeland in The Appalachian Mountains. It's Not My Mountain Anymore touches in almost equal measure to all stages of Barbara's life-it's balanced and satisfying. Her absolute authentic voice merges with moving stories that will moisten eyes and bring laughter as she offers first-hand accounts of profound experiences and mountain living. As a speaker, Barbara's deep sense of humor transcends the underlying drama of her message. She speaks with the sincerity of one who totally believes in her appeal to the audience to take note of the drastic changes being brought to her homeland. Acquaint yourself with the personality of this crusader... .Catch the Spirit of Appalachia Barbara is a great spokesperson. Sign her up!.. .CBS This Morning. Heritage is as precious as life itself. Without it, none of us would be here. My family and friends are honored to share mountain reality with you. I am the first of many Foxfire students to offer published early accounts of life-changing educational experiences that touched many straying teenage minds. In the history of Catch the Spirit of Appalachia, Inc.-we have not had an author sell so many books so quickly! This testifies to the fact that word of mouth has spread about this well-written book which tells it like it is! ...Amy Ammons Garza, Publisher Barbara and husband Larry of 38 years have two children, Melissa and Isaac who also live nearby.
- Author(s)Barbara Taylor Woodall
- PublisherCatch the Spirit of Appalachia
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCatch the Spirit of Appalachia
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.