Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.36Trending at AU $24.64
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.66
- AU $46.46Trending at AU $51.94
- AU $12.39Trending at AU $19.19
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $33.23Trending at AU $38.65
- AU $10.58Trending at AU $13.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of how one council estate lad made good, really very good, and survived - just about - to tell the tale...Chris Evans's extraordinary career has seen him become one of the country's most successful broadcasters and producers. From The Big Breakfast to Don't Forget Your Toothbrush and TFI Friday, Chris changed the TV landscape during the '90s; and on Manchester's Piccadilly Radio, BBC Radio 1's Breakfast show and as owner of Virgin Radio he ushered in the age of the celebrity DJ. But this is only part of the Chris Evans story. In this witty and energetically written autobiography, Chris describes the experiences that shaped the boy and created the man who would go on to carve out such a dazzlingly brilliant career. Born on a dreary council estate in Warrington and determined to escape, Chris started out as the best newspaper boy on the block, armed with more than a little silver Binatone radio that he would take to the newsagents each day and through which he would develop a life-long and passionate love affair with the music and voices that emerged. From paperboy to media mogul, It's Not What You Think isn't what you think - it's the real story beyond the glare of the media spotlight from one of this country's brightest and boldest personalities.
- Author BiographyChris Evans began his broadcasting careeer at Manchester Piccadilly radio, going on to become a household name in TV and radio. With his production company Ginger, he launched and presented the hugely successful Channel 4 shows The Big Breakfast, Don't Forget Your Toothbrush and TFI Friday. In 1995 Chris joined Radio 1 hosting the flagship breakfast show, attracting 7.5m listeners. After his controversial departure he then joined Virgin Radio's breakfast show, eventually acquiring the station from Richard Branson for GBP87m. He went on to sell the Ginger Media Group (including Virgin Radio) in 2000 for GBP225m. In 2005 Chris joined Radio 2, declaring it his spiritual home, his show picking up four prestigious Sony Awards in as many years. He is now presenter of The Breakfast Show.
- Author(s)Chris Evans
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight180 g
- Width139 mm
- Height142 mm
- Read byChris Evans
- Contained items statement6 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time420
- Edition StatementAbridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.