All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.27
About this product
- Description1972. The sexual revolution in full swing in the aftermath of the Summer of Love along with evolving women's rights. The Supreme Court overturns the ban of abortions in all states with their decision in Roe v. Wade. The end of the Viet Nam War. Tempe, Arizona. A suburb of Phoenix, yet still rural eugh that cars often had to stop as herds of sheep ambled across the road. The home of Arizona State University where in 1972 an overwhelming majority of the students were male. A town with a lot of jobs and a lot of bars, a robust music scene, and a mix of intellectuals, artists, cowboys and outlaws. Mix in Gina and Joni. Two forever friends who stepped into the beauty and the rawness of 1972 Tempe, forging their own path into new adventures.
- Author BiographyBarbara Light Lacy is a free spirit, musician, singer/songwriter, novelist and poet living in Dallas, Texas. Her dog is a rescue dog. Her songs range from country/western to Americana. Her books run from cookbooks to novels. (Her poems . . . well, does anyone really ever want to say where their poems come from?) Given parents who were ahead of their time, she was taught that you could be whatever you wanted to be, even if you were a woman. Be whatever you want to be; do whatever you want to do. Just be home by curfew! Since her first road trip at two months old with her musician parents, she knew that there is something to be learned from every person you meet in every place your feet may be. A self-proclaimed old hippie, she survived the Sixties, enjoyed the Seventies, continued through the subsequent decades and still continues to espouse the tenets of peace/love/joy today. From one of her songs - Let your smile be your very best mark, in this world, let your smile be your very best mark.
- Author(s)Barbara Light Lacy
- PublisherRising Times Books
- Date of Publication02/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRising Times Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.