All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- Description<b><b> An outstanding book. . . . Meets the needs of those in-between or curious kids who are t ready, developmentally or emotionally, for <i>It's Perfectly Normal.</i></b> --<i>Booklist </i>(starred review)</b> How does a baby begin? What makes a baby male or female? How is a baby born? Children have plenty of questions about reproduction and babies--and about sex and sexuality, too. <i>It's So Amazing! </i>provides the answers--with fun, accurate, comic-book-style artwork and a clear, lively text that reflects the interests of children age seven and up in how things work, while giving them a healthy understanding of their bodies. Created by the author and illustrator of <i>It's Perfectly Normal, </i>this forthright and funny book has been newly updated for its fifteenth anniversary.
- Author BiographyRobie H. Harris says, My challenge in writing IT'S SO AMAZING! was to weave the fascinating and complicated science facts about reproduction and birth into the story of the egg and the sperm, and to communicate to children in an honest and simple way how amazing this story really is! Michael Emberley says that while creating the illustrations for IT'S SO AMAZING!, he tried to delicately balance age-appropriateness, absolute accuracy, honesty, and just plain fun.
- Author(s)Robie H Harris
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleFamily Library (Paperback)
- Place of PublicationCambrudge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width246 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Michael Emberley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Most relevant reviews
- tiddles46910 Mar, 2017by
Full of information that's easy to understand
Our 7 year old started to ask questions so I suggested it might help to get a book for us to work through together. He is fascinated by the intricacies of the human body while at the same time thinking it's quite hilarious. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to explain the facts in plain language while keeping things entertaining at the same time. The pictures are not confronting - they're fun. Right from a young age, we've always used the correct terminology so it's not embarrassing as our son gets older. He is loving this book more and more as we progress through the pages.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $25.82Trending at AU $28.26