All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWildlife management around the world has changed drastically in the last fifty years, and veteran biologist James G. Teer was a trailblazer for much of that time. In this memoir, he looks back on his life and on the transformation of his profession.A pioneer in managing land for deer, Teer became truly global in his conservation efforts. From studying waterfowl in Manitoba and monitoring deer herds in the Texas Hill Country, Teer was propelled into the world of big ranches and African safaris, working for and traveling with Texas landowners while helping to build the reputation of the wildlife ecology program at Texas A&M University.As he reminisces, Teer gives homage to the men who mentored and taught him and to those whose friendships lasted a lifetime. He salutes his colleagues and his students, and he confirms his lifelong commitment to the care and stewardship of animals everywhere.
- Author BiographyJAMES G. TEER is professor emeritus of wildlife and fisheries sciences at Texas A&M University, where he was head of the department and held the Caesar Kleberg Chair in Wildlife Ecology. He received his Ph.D. in wildlife management and zoology from the University of Wisconsin. He was awarded the Leopold Medal in 1994 for his contributions to science and conservation.
- Author(s)James G. Teer
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2008
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Note16 color, 22 b&w photos
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.