All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe audition is the most vital part of what you do as an actor. Brendan McNamara's successful career as both an actor and casting director gives him a special insight into the audition process, which he shares in this fresh and insightful book. Developed from Brendan's popular workshops for actors, this practical and up-to-date guide gives you all the inspiration and advice you need to give a great audition. Includes: - How to approach agents and casting directors. - The types of auditions you are likely to face. - The pitfalls of the waiting room. - The dangers of under- and overpreparing. - What to wear and t to wear. - How to deal with recalls. - The seven deadly sins of auditions.
- Author BiographyCasting Director Brendan McNamara has worked in casting since 1998. Starting as a runner at Hubbard Casting, Brendan was privileged to gain experience at one of the world's premier casting companies. He returned to Ireland to complete a degree in Drama and Theatre Studies at Trinity College, Dublin. After finishing his studies, he returned to Hubbard Casting working on projects such as The Bourne Supremacy, Churchill The Hollywood Years, Silver City and Omagh. He was also casting assistant for two series of Taggart. On leaving Hubbard Casting, Brendan freelanced for several other casting companies, working on tv shows like the BBC's M.I. High, A Class Apart and That Summer's Day. He also worked on music videos for The Streets and Franz Ferdinand, and tv commercial campaigns for Tiger Beer, Direct Line and the Royal Bank of Scotland. Brendan formed Beach Casting in May 2007. Since its inception, the company has had early success in establishing a name for itself with projects like Katy Brand's Big Ass TV Show for ITV and The Agent, an independent British feature film directed by Lesley Manning. Recently Brendan has cast an animated feature film for Warhammer 40K featuring Terence Stamp, Sean Pertwee and John Hurt, The Secret World Of Sam King for BEBO/Universal Records and new campaigns for NSPCC, McDonalds, Tesco and VW. He cast Treacle Jr., an independent British feature film directed by Jamie Thraves starring Aidan Gillen and Tom Fisher, which won Best Film at Dinard 2010. Before he became a casting director, Brendan featured as an actor in the Warner Bros. film The War of the Buttons produced by David Putnam, Paramount Pictures' Angela's Ashes directed by Alan Parker, and BBC Productions Rebel Heart, Paradise Heights and Brooklyn Bridge.
- Author(s)Brendan McNamara
- PublisherPinter & Martin Ltd.
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPinter & Martin Ltd.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.