Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book was shortlisted for the 2014 Man Booker Prize. Set in the future - a world where the past is a dangerous country, t to be talked about or visited - J is a love story of incomparable strangeness, both tender and terrifying. Two people fall in love, t yet kwing where they have come from or where they are going. Kevern doesn't kw why his father always drew two fingers across his lips when he said a word starting with a J. It wasn't then, and isn't w, the time or place to be asking questions. Ailinn too has grown up in the dark about who she was or where she came from. On their first date Kevern kisses the bruises under her eyes. He doesn't ask who hurt her. Brutality has grown commonplace. They aren't sure if they have fallen in love of their own accord, or whether they've been pushed into each other's arms. But who would have pushed them, and why? Hanging over the lives of all the characters in this vel is a momentous catastrophe - a past event shrouded in suspicion, denial and apology, w referred to as What Happened, If It Happened. J is a vel to be talked about in the same breath as Nineteen Eighty-Four and Brave New World, thought-provoking and life-changing. It is like other vel that Howard Jacobson has written.
- Author BiographyHoward Jacobson has written fourteen novels and five works of non-fiction. He won the Bollinger Everyman Wodehouse Award in 2000 for The Mighty Walzer and then again in 2013 for Zoo Time. In 2010 he won the Man Booker Prize for The Finkler Question and was also shortlisted for the prize in 2014 for his most recent novel, J.
- PrizesShortlisted for Jewish Quarterly Wingate Literary Prize 2016 and Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2014. Long-listed for Folio Prize 2015.
- Author(s)Howard Jacobson
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJonathan Cape Ltd
- Weight575 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.65
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.