All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionJ. K. Rowling's popular series of books about the boy wizard Harry Potter has captivated readers of all ages around the world. Selling more than 400 million copies, and adapted into highly successful feature films, the stories have attracted both critical acclaim and controversy. In this collection of brand new essays, an international team of contributors examines the complete Harry Potter series from a variety of critical angles and approaches. There are discussions on topics ranging from fairytale, race and gender, through to food, medicine, queer theory and the occult. The volume also includes coverage of the films and the afterlife of the series with the opening of Rowling's 'Pottermore' website. Essential reading for anyone with an interest in the Harry Potter phemen, this exciting resource provides thoughtful new ways of exploring the issues and concepts found within Rowling's world.
- Author BiographyCYNTHIA J. HALLETT is an independent scholar and was formerly Associate Professor of English and Foreign Languages at Bennett College for Women, North Carolina, USA. Her previous publications include Scholarly Studies in Harry Potter (2005). PEGGY J. HUEY is an Assistant Professor at Colorado Technical University Online, USA, and an Instructor for DeVry University Online, USA. She has taught at a number of colleges and universities in the USA and has published a range of articles on the Harry Potter books.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleNew Casebooks
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight404 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCynthia J. Hallett,Peggy J. Huey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.