All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.29Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.35
About this product
- DescriptionA new biography of J.R.R. Tolkien, author of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings - voted as 'book of the 20th century'. In this biography the consulting editors put forward a compelling case that Professor Tolkien was t the ivory tower Professor who did little other than suddenly publish two best sellers, but that he had a parallel career in Intelligence. With careful examination of Tolkien's existing biographies and the inadequacies of the explanations given and perpetuated from one biographer to the next, a persuasive picture is built up of what Tolkien may have been involved in over a period of decades. The writings themselves are amongst the most revealing proof of Tolkien's preoccupation with espionage and Intelligence and they are analysed closely and carefully. This biography is ground breaking and overturns decades of held belief. It will mark a start of a new phase in Tolkien criticism that takes the post Cold War era into account.
- Author BiographyThe consulting editors Alexander Lewis and Elizabeth Currie are long term members of the Tolkien Society. Mr Lewis has been both Chairman and Secretary and a Trustee of the Tolkien Society during a period of some three decades. With his co author Elizabeth Currie they have written and published three previous books on the works of Tolkien as well as writing many papers and articles and presented papers at international conferences.
- Author(s)Elan Sea
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byMR Alexander Lewis,MS Elizabeth Currie
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.