All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA monument in the history of Western music, The Well-Tempered Clavier represents t only the culmination of J. S. Bach's own maturation process but also the impetus for the emerging style and structure of modern keyboard music. Mozart, Beethoven, and Chopin were influenced by its polyphonic richness and depth of harmony, and Schumann counseled young musicians to make The Well-Tempered Clavier your daily bread. Modern pianists can follow Schumann's advice with this new edition of an authoritative and long-out-of-print score that offers illuminating perspectives from a pair of eminent musical interpreters.Book I of this two-volume set features Sir Donald Francis Tovey's analyses of 24 preludes and fugues, including suggestions for performance. In addition to commentaries by Tovey, a lauded Bach scholar and world-famous musicologist, the pieces are complemented by fingerings devised by Harold Samuel, a major Bach interpreter. Students, teachers, and professionals will appreciate this finely engraved and modestly priced version of Bach's enduring works.
- Author(s)Donald Francis Tovey
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight544 g
- Width226 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Introduction byEric Wen
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.