All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHe was born, wild and free, in the vast mountaius scrublands of Nevada. Until he was a year old, human hand touched him, though he knew something of the danger people represented to the herd. But one fateful day, the herd was chased by a huge black creature in the sky, and the yearling was separated from his mother. In blind panic he ran, but he could t outdistance the terrifying, whirling thing above him, or the humans on horseback that surrounded him. Before long, JB Andrew would come to the attention of many. He was big, leggy, and awkward, but he had a long, graceful stride and was chosen for an inmate prison program where he would be trained and made ready for adoption. JB, short for Jail Bird, had a special quality that forced people to take tice. Before his retirement years later, he would win hearts and trophies in the elite competitive dressage ring by becoming the first and only wild mustang to attain success in the sport. He paved the way for people to dream, believe, and succeed and in doing so, JB became one of the greatest ambassadors for wild mustangs the breed has ever kwn. Third in the True Horse Stories series, JB Andrew: Mustang Magic is as warm as it is inspiring.
- Author BiographyJudy Andrekson grew up in Nova Scotia with a pen in one hand and a lead rope in the other. At the age of twenty, she moved to Alberta, where she could pursue her great love of horses, and there she found her dream job managing a thoroughbred racing/breeding farm. By her thirties, Judy had also begun to write seriously. Now she combines both of her passions in her new series for young readers, True Horse Stories. Judy also works as an educational assistant. She, her husband, John, and their daughter, Kate, live in Sherwood Park, Alberta, along with a constantly changing assortment of animals.
- Author(s)Judy Andrekson
- PublisherTundra Books
- Date of Publication15/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleTrue Horse Stories
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- First Published2011
- ImprintTundra Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width137 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Parkins
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $18.49
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.26
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.