Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican distrust of government, polititians and authority in general can be traced back to the time of the official investigation into the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and the suspicion generated by the publication of the Warren report, the government's official version of this infamous murder.In the last ten years there has been much research into the exact events surrounding Kennedy's murder and how it was so successfully covered up. JFK: Say Goodbye to America contextualises this debate, coming to a shocking conclusion. According to new information gathered and assessed by the author, JKF was murdered on orders emanating from the 'alternative' government - the - Establishment - which eased the concerns of 'big business' and which Kennedy was in the process of divesting of power in favour of promoting a government which put the people and their needs first. The President's new priorities won him few friends in the government and Mtthew Smith suggests that it was coincidence that most of his policies were dismantled in the 18 months immediately following his death. Indeed, his policy to withdraw from the early situation in Vietnam was dramatically changed within hours. President Lyndon B. Johnson ordered an investigation into JFK's murder which soon emerged as biased, inaccurate and misleading, highlighting for many Americans the end of a golden era and a farewell to the country they knew.
- Author BiographyMatthew Smith is a successful scriptwriter, producer and writer. He has written extensively on the Kennedy Administration and assassination and was consultant to Central Television's THE MEN WHO KILLED KENNEDY anD German ZDF television's JOHN F. KENNEDY: DER JAHRUNDERTMORD. His other publications include VENDETTA: THE KENNEDYS, THE MEN WHO ARE MURDERED MARILYN, JFK: THE SECOND PLOT AND VICTIM: THE SECRET TAPES OF MARILYN MONROE.
- Author(s)Matthew Smith
- PublisherMainstream Publishing
- Date of Publication04/03/2004
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMainstream Publishing
- Out-of-print date29/11/2016
- Content Note2 x 8pp b&w inserts
- Weight374 g
- Width153 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byJim Marrs
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.